A. Hong Kong visit visa

Hong Kong visa is not required for tourists from more than 160 countries. A stay ranging from 7 to 180 days is granted according to nationality. People from those Hong Kong visa free countries, however, need to get a HK visa if they intend to work, study, establish or join in a business there or if their tour is beyond the granted visa-free stay length. Also, other countries' citizens have to get a HK visa before leaving for HK as it's almost impossible to get it on arrival.

Although Hong Kong is a part of China, as a Special Administrative Region (SAR), it has its own entry regulations. This means the normal Chinese visa does not work for Hong Kong and vice versa.

But for some countries or territories, it’s still required to apply for the visa, pleasecheck :


Visitors that need visa to visit HK should complete the application form ,then submit the required documents for process.

Processing Time:

It normally takes four weeks to process a visit/transit visa/entry permit application upon receipt of all the required documents. The Immigration Department will not be able to start processing the application unless all the required documents and information have been received.

B. China work visa/resident visa

-Working & Residence permit for Legal Representative or Chief Representative in China;

-Working & Residence permit for Foreign Employee in China;

-Residence permit for Family member: Spouse, Children, Parents, Live-in partner.

Foreign citizen works in China become very common nowadays. A foreign-invested company (WFOE, Joint Venture) or Foreign Representative office are eligible to hire foreign staff as long as the staff meets some of the requirements. Foreign friends who want to work in Guangzhou have to get a Guangzhou work visa/permit for legal stay.

Your initial visa grants you the right to enter China for a specific purpose, but expires after a few months. If you wish to stay longer in China, you will need to apply for a residence permit which works like a multiple-entry visa, allowing you to leave the country and return without an additional visa as long as the permit remains valid (even if your original visa has expired).

Since April 1, 2017,

1. Non-criminal record has to be authenticated by Chinese embassy.

2. Applicant must pay individual income tax in China

3. If applicant is currently living outside China, the health checkup must be completed abroad at Chinese embassy recognized health organzations.

Paying individual income tax would make great impact on working visa applicaiton since local labor bureau would require tax payment statement, fail to provide the statement might cause potential rejection by labor bureau.

Note: As the health report will be expired in 6 months, to speed up your visa application, please prepare the health report ASAP before we obtained

your company's business license.